Le vendredi 21 octobre 2016, 22:09:21 Fernando A. Martin a écrit :
> Some minutes after writing this message I recalled that recently I updated
> my linux kernel to 4.8.3. Then I removed kernel 4.8.3 and went back to
> kernel 4.7.5. Now Rosegarden is able to play correctly again.
> It's nice to have things working again but it seems that something in the
> newest linux kernels are breaking the play function of rosegarden. Can
> anyone else test this?

My distro is currently only using kernel 4.4.26.
I compiled 4.8.3 from source and just boot it without modifying anything else.

I confirm that play doesn't work with timer -> "(auto)" which defaults to
"system timer".

I tried timer -> "HR timer" which freezed the whole system.

Then timer -> "PCM playback 0-0-0" which works.

> If it's true, can developers do something to make
> rosegarden play function work with new linux kernels?

This will become necessary when this kernel version will spread.
I currently don't have any clue as up to now I never looked at the timer
implementation.

Yves