On 11/25/2016 12:58 PM, John A wrote:

> as a MIDI device in any new file. After the restart, when I try to play
> the same file, the programs as listed in the 'instrument parameters' box
> do not match what they originally were, and the programs on the korg are
> seemingly random general midi instruments. When I change the programs in

I can interpret "restart" several ways.  Can you explain what you did in
more detail?

> In addition, when I open files made previous to my addition of the
> Triton as a MIDI device, it is not available as a MIDI device.

It won't be.  When you acquire some new piece of kit, you have to add it
to older files manually.

> It seemed
> like I might have to to do Studio -> import default studio, but after
> this not only does the triton still not show up as a MIDI device, all
> sound is muted, even though the meters are still jumping.

The MIDI VU meters mean "events are being sent" but the events won't
actually produce any result unless everything is hooked up correctly.

All I can really tell you is I never adopted the habit of using "import
default studio" or "always use default studio," and there is probably a
good reason for that.  I have long since forgotten the reason, of course.

--
D. Michael McIntyre