On 10/08/2018 03:04 PM, nocom wrote:
I drag and drop a file into a running rosegarden. But it asks whether I want to save a changed file.

This can be changed by adding the following line to the end of RosegardenMainWindow::createDocumentFromMIDIFile():

  newDoc->clearModifiedStatus()

...and deleting the unnecessary call to slotDocumentModified() in that routine.

However, there is a use case where the current behavior is helpful. If someone is converting a MIDI file to .rg, they will want a warning that they forgot to save.

I think the current behavior is best. In the case of someone browsing files, they are inconvenienced by an extra click. In the case of someone converting files, they are notified that they have forgotten to complete the conversion process.

I think at a conceptual level, the warning makes sense as well. The MIDI file import process creates a .rg file that hasn't been saved yet. We need to make sure that was the user's intent.

Ted.