On 22/07/19 05:07, Ted Felix wrote:
On 7/21/19 9:04 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
I'm sure this was possible until a while ago but on 19.12 built from svn (build key 0f69b755c1) if a file is playing back a series of editing operations don't work at least in the main window and the matrix editor.

  Yes.  These were removed around [r15422]-[r15424].  I discovered several crashes when editing during playback, so to make rg safer, I removed much of the ability to edit during playback.

  Undo is particularly dangerous because every editing command can end up in the undo history, so even if there's only one command that causes a crash, undo can also cause that same crash.

I see your point, although I must admit it feels much less usable and 'reactive' now, especially being able to place notes, move them etc. Maybe it's only me but there _are_ some editing steps which just work better while you are also *hearing* what's going on, this applies especially to the matrix and notation editors. And of course includes when you are working in loop mode really trying to get a section right :|

Lorenzo.

Ted.