On 7/30/20 12:29 PM, chuck via Rosegarden-user wrote:
I am using v19.12 package in Fedora 32 until I get a chance to compile
the latest version.

You'll probably want to do that and try again. Might have been fixed in the meantime.

The fixed triplet quantizations seem to be working fine but when I
tried to get a quintuplet by using an 'arbitrary grid unit' setting
of 96, RG crashed.

So that's 5 in the time of a quaver? I just played with it a little bit, but I'm not seeing any crashes. It's working fine. Might also be a problem with the specific notes you are quantizing. If you can send a small composition with just the notes in question, that might help me to reproduce this.

Apparently an automatic bug report was sent.

Yeah, but they won't let me see those. Something about sensitive private information. 🤣

'happy to pursue this if required.

Try building a newer version. If you can reproduce the crash there, send me an example to quantize. Worst-case, we can try gdb on your machine and see if that provides any clues.

This is feature request #477. Let's move the conversation there if that's ok with you.

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/feature-requests/477/

Ted.