Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
NULL gave the same result, but item.reset() worked fine.
Sorry I took so long letting you know but my 'office' is right under the roof
and it became way too hot to even walk in the room today :(

Will.

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 08:35:24 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

>   The line in question is this:
>
>   item = nullptr;
>
>   It's not the compiler, it's the version of Qt you are using.  Prior
>to 5.8, QSharedPointer didn't handle nullptr.
>
>   Removing that line will simply leak memory.
>
>   It can be fixed by changing it to NULL, or doing it the shared_ptr way:
>
>   item.reset();
>
>   I will fix this for the future.
>
>   See also [r15476].
>
>Ted.
>
>On 7/31/20 7:01 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> I have two machines, the older one with gcc 6.3.0 and the newer one running
>> gcc 8.3.0.
>>
>> On the newer one rosegarden build 15895 compiles without issues, but on the
>> older one I get a mismatch type failure at:
>> rosegarden-15895/src/gui/rulers/PropertyControlRuler.cpp line 265
>>
>> If I comment this line out the build completes and the image *seems* to run
>> OK, but I've no idea of the implications.

Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.