On 8/3/20 7:59 AM, Hugo van Galen wrote:
When wanting to choose a different track colour, the dropdown only shows the "Default" option. Did I screw up my build somehow?

The colors are stored in the .rg file. The base set is in your autoload.rg file. You will find that here:

~/.local/share/rosegarden/autoload/autoload.rg

If you create a new document and the colors are gone, then your autoload.rg is missing the colors.

If this is happening in a specific document, then the colors are missing from that document.

It's the <appearance> section in the .rg file and you can copy it from a known good .rg file into the broken one and colors should be restored.

I did try a `make clean all` but the problem persists. It does seem that `build/src/qrc_data.cpp` includes a reference to `colourmap-fragment.xml` so I'm a bit confused as to why I don't see the options.

  The colors are in autoload.rg and nowhere else.

According to the documentation, I should also have an "Add New Colour" option in this dropdown, but that isn't there either.

That was never implemented AFAICT. I removed what little code was there related to this. If somebody wants to re-implement, be my guest. I think we have enough colors as it is. And worst case, you can always hack together your own set in your autoload.rg.

Ted.