Sounds like your synth might not be able to handle the program changes and control changes that we send at the beginning of a loop. You can turn this off in the preferences:

Edit > Preferences > MIDI > Send program changes when looping

And "Send control changes when looping" below it.

Another option is to use a different synth. E.g. fluidsynth handles this.

Ted.