Thanks very much!

The balloon says "use this segment when generating notation".
I noticed it when trying to get rid of (xn) notes in the
names of segment 'pasted copies'. Doesn't really apply to
how I use notation because I select the segments I want to
see notated and in this case they show in notation regardless
(if I understand its purpose at all).