On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:50:42 +0000
Patrick May <dusthillresid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was thinking it'd be fun if we on the rosegarden-user mailing list all
> challenged ourselves to write a christmas song in Rosegarden, and post
> it on the mailing list by the 20th of December.
>
> What do you think?

Today's the 11th, pretty much the 11th hour, just too tight IMHO. The idea is
good because such a song can always snowball and take RG to unprecedented
heights (remember auld lang syne). I'm not up to the musical end of it but if
anyone wants I can offer up existing lyrics (Creative-Commons). I made my own
Christmas card with it. It all began in 1970 or 71 when just out for a walk
around vernal equinox I saw a small evergreen and took it's picture letting it
frame an out of focus wintry scene on the snow. Thought it would make a nice
card, a few years later completed with the words. I'm not going to spam the
list but will attach it on request to anyone :-)

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it btw, certainly to the devs whose work
has brought me so much enjoyment over the years!