Le 30 mai 2022 à 11H58 (-0700)
prad via Rosegarden-user <rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net> a
écrit :

> exports to lilypond 2.14 though i read that it detects the version of
> lilypond on my computer.

Currently RG doesn't detect the installed LilyPond version.

> lilypond is up to 2.22.2 though it still works with minor
> editing of the .ly file (eg remove \lyricsto).
> i have to change the \version too.

You should not have to manually modify .ly file because LilyPond
provide convert-ly: a tool to do it automatically.

How to do this:
 - Export to LilyPond from RG (select LilyPond 2.14)
 - Convert the .ly file to the LilyPond installed version:
     convert-ly file.ly > file_new.ly
 - Run LilyPond on file_new.ly
     lilypond file_new.ly

Such a procedure is automatically run when the menu
"File -> Print Preview..." is called.

> are there later versions of rg?

21.12 is the last released RG version.
Next release (22.06) will be delivered in about 10 days.
About LilyPond export, this new release will only fix a few minor
bugs:
 - Sometimes missing time signature change
 - Sometimes missing crescendo/decrescendo hairpins
 - 4/4 and 2/2 time signatures always exported as common time

I hope I'll find the time to dust off the LilyPond exporter (especially
about the provided LilyPond version) before the following release of RG
in next december.

> would compiling it be better than getting it from archlinux?

It depends how many time archlinux needs to incorporate a new RG
release and how much you needs the new fixes and features of this
release.

Yves