> I use heuristic quantizer after recording a playing session. My problem is
> I'm not good at keeping machine-perfect tempi. (Well, I don't think any
> human can be as precise as MIDI). So it usually needs a lot of tweaking. I
> usually add a new track below the recorded track and manually put new
> notes in the right places on the new track.

That's what I wrote the FitToBeats command to help fix.  Even aside from
keeping machine-perfect tempi, if you use any rubato at all you'll quickly
disagree with the metronome.  The idea is that you play it with as much
rubato as you want, then you make Rosegarden's tempo conform to that by
selecting notes on the beats and then FitToBeats.  It's been a while so I
don't remember how it got the old notes into the new tempo but there was
something to do it and then it lined up nicely.

Tom Breton (Tehom)