On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 22:29:14 -1000
david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>On 9/1/22 22:11, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:46:04 -1000
>> david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much, in Hawaiian) to our wonderful
>>> Rosegarden developers.
>>>
>>> Various career changes happened this year, courtesy of my employer
>>> outsourcing about 16% of its staff and deciding that neither it nor the
>>> outsourcer had any place for me. That just accelerated retirement plans
>>> by a few months. But it certainly gives me more time to make music with
>>> Rosegarden!
>> Ha!
>> What makes you think retiring gives you more free time? You'll soon discover
>> it
>> seems to work in reverse :P
>>
>> Welcome to the club!
>>
>Thanks, Will!
>
>I've already encountered that.  There's a few things around the house,
>like replacing our termite-eaten floor, redoing the bathroom, assorted
>things like that. And writing stories, poems, songs, etc, etc. We paid
>off the house two years ago, but that just means it's nearly 30 years
>old and needs attention. :(

My place is over 100 years old and has plenty of 'interesting' quirks :P

>But it helps address a health difficulty. My back can only handle
>sitting for so long. No longer having to spend 8 hours a day sitting at
>work means I can spend my "sitting budget" on better things.

Tell me about it! One of the reasons I started wearing braces is because the
pressure of a belt eventually gets quite painful.

>Will - you still making your little Yoshimi synthesizer boxes?

Yes. I've got two built ready to take to this year's SynthfestUK - I'm
being given a small bay there again this year :)

Each one is still slightly more refined than the previous one, but the SDcard
image is compatible with all of them, and the latest version includes
Rosegarden, Audacity, and a few utilities.

Availability of Raspberry Pi's is the biggest problem :(

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/