Maybe look into MuseScore logging to see if it is reporting anything helpful?

Try to make the smallest MusicXML file you can that causes the problem. E.g. one segment, one note? Open a bug report and attach. No guarantees we'll ever get to it. But if it's something simple that rg is messing up, it should be easy to spot and hopefully easy to fix.

Might also save the imported file as MusicXML from MuseScore and diff the two. That might find the problem very quickly.

Ted.