Mimi,
My concept of "enrollment" as it applies to this project (although, a
different word might be more effective in communicating this) is along the
lines of what William has described: simply a mechanism for getting oneself
"listed" in the registry AND some mechanism for keeping people out of the
registry if there is no reasonable likelihood that they would ever have a
legitimate reason to exchange EDI messages with someone who IS in the
registry.  So I would also agree with what I think William is saying that
the security does not have to be ironclad in this regard.  We do need to
"clear" a certain group of businesses for easy access to the registry, but
the worst case of having people listed who don't belong there is wasted
hard drive space.  The ability to look up someone's CPP doesn't seem that
dangerous either because the potential partner will still have some "due
diligence" to complete before the messaging can commence.

So I see "enrollment" policy as essentially a screen-door to keep to flies out!

Regards,
Chris

At 09:17 AM 7/17/2002 -0500, Mimi Hart wrote:
>I guess my confusion stems from whether enrollment could even be
>possible. My understanding at this point is that is a time consuming and
>paper intensive task.I am going to think on it and get back to you all
>unless someone has more info then I. MIMI
>
>Mimi Hart Ó¿Õ*
>Research Analyst, HIPAA
>Iowa Health System
>319-369-7767 (phone)
>319-369-8365 (fax)
>319-490-0637 (pager)
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Mimi,  I didn't use the word enroll, but under the Authorization
>section
>there is content regarding "Having the ability to create a CPP entry".
>would agree that a separate section on enrollment would be appropriate
>in the requirements of the CPP, but do we need to separate it in the
>overview document, or simply change the existing content?
>
>Regards,
>-RB

>I have added my two cents for what it is worth..but I am missing
>something when we neglect to mention potentially "enrolling" at the
>site, or is this outside of scope? I have turned on "change
>tracking"...feel free to obliterate my changes at will. And again I am
>
>sorry for being late.
>
>In addition, I added vendors as a player in this.. some of our vendors
>
>HIPAA solutions are that we send everything to then..they then send it
>
>on to a dedicated clearinghouse...which kind of throws a loop in the
>providre to payer, or provider to clearinghouse to payer model.
>
>MIMI
>
>Mimi Hart Ó¿Õ*
>Research Analyst, HIPAA
>Iowa Health System
>319-369-7767 (phone)
>319-369-8365 (fax)
>319-490-0637 (pager)
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
>Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, and contain
>information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This
>information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or
>an
>agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that
>any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based
>on
>the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
>received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
>e-mail, and delete the original message.

>         *********************************************
>
>This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
>Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, and contain
>information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This
>information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an
> [...]

Christopher J. Feahr, OD
http://visiondatastandard.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell/Pager: 707-529-2268

discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual
participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of
Directors nor WEDI SNIP.  If you wish to receive an official opinion, post
your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at
http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.
Posting of advertisements or other commercial use of this listserv is
specifically prohibited.