Daniel Rall wrote:

Ryan Hoegg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

As far as I can tell this dependency would be introduced anywhere we
want to automatically discover an implementation class for an
interface. We could break it off into an AutoDiscoverFactory class
that sits in another package. The reason I bring it up is that
automatic discovery of classes provides a clean way to provide a
default implementation while providing flexibility to the end user for
specifying alternate implementations for an interface.

Definitely useful, but IMHO not worth 62k on the applet side.

You're probably right. Perhaps we should revisit this when Andrew and my code changes settle down. We have started discussing breaking things down into more modular packages with dependencies going only up the tree (org.apache.xmlrpc.XXX can depend on whatever but org.apache.xmlrpc can not depend on anything downstream).

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks