På Onsdag 02 april 2008 , 10:20:40 skrev Anders F Björklund:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > Hmmm... IMHO this
> > was a NO-OP semantically and just broke many things? Can we backout
> > and
> > keep the code we had before? As I mentioned in INSTALL, just a few
> > days
> > ago I reviewed the code against 4.57 and it is identical except for
> > our
> > already applied fixes. But with the now overwritten code we lost those
> > cleanups.
What exactly was broken? Tested and seemed to work all fine here..
I updated it since it in terms of maintenance is always a nice thing to keep
code in sync with upstream..

> Please revert, and let's keep LZMA reasonably sane - instead of the
> hodge-podge merge of tukaani.org and 7-zip.org that Mandriva uses...
As the decoder itself only uses LzmaDecode.c from lzma sdk, I don't see how
this relates to lzma utils nor how it's packaged in Mandriva.

> Even if that means staying with LZMA 4.32 until the new one is ready.
> (unfortunately also means staying with the old LZMA_Alone file format)
I don't see see why this unless there would be any incompatibilities caused by
it..

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind Karlsen