On May 1, 2016, at 6:37 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Michael Jones:
>
>> Is there a way to get all of the RPM packages that I need into one
>> file (e.g., tar.gz file) to satisfy the dependency of another .RPM
>> package?  I do offline installations.  My Linux servers use old,
>> out-dated repositories on the network that I have no control of. I
>> have to make many trips to rpmfind.net.  I'd like to get every
>> dependency (and all related dependencies) in one transfer.

What you are asking for is "transitive closure",
i.e. the minimum set of all packages with no
unresolved dependencies.

> The Smart package manager <http://smartpm.github.io/smart/> had
> some features like this, so you could download all to a tarball.
>
> It was called a "pack", and could be any supported archive format.
> Then you could install from the pack, and it would unpack them...

There's a rather short script here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37927066/collect-all-rpm-dependencies-to-deploy-a-project/38002943#38002943
that might help (assuming you have an installed system with
no unresolved dependencies where you can run the script.

The script may not be perfect, but its Pretty Damn Close without
all the complexities of multilib and epoch and obsoletes-with-later installs

hth