On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Igor Gnatenko <ignate...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Panu Matilainen
> <pmati...@laiskiainen.org> wrote:
>>

>> Yes, but then both tilde and caret have a special meaning in shell as well.
> There is some escaping done for that (/me checked with rpm -ivh).
>>
>> ?, *, & and | certainly seem like begging for trouble, others to lesser
>> degree.
> with ! there is no escaping (I'm not sure it's even possible).

Well, if the only way we can have this is by using a different
character, then I guess "^" works the best, as at least it's somewhat
meaningful (version raised to the checkout snapshot).

I see that on top of the rpm PR[1], Igor has already updated the
libsolv PR[2] to incorporate this change...

[1]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/88
[2]: https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/pull/155