On 10/17/2016 04:37 PM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:

during last FPC meeting we agreed[0] that we need some standardization
of macro related to builds where builddir != srcdir (and with
possibility to make it builddir = srcdir).

I was working to make guidelines for ninja and meson. For ninja it
doesn't matter from where you build (it's like make),

For make and ninja-build, what works depends on the recipes. I don't think there are ways to tell in an automated way if out-of-tree builds are supported or not.

(There are also out-of-tree builds which still write to the source tree.)

Rpm-ecosystem mailing list