Recently packagers stared using rich deps in Fedora and I (as Mock maintainer)
am hitting more issues like this:
  https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/issues/202
I.e. F28 package redhat-rpm-config has:
  Requires: (annobin if gcc)
And when you try to install this by rpm from EL7 you get cryptic error:

  ---> Package redhat-rpm-config.noarch 0:108-1.fc28 will be installed
  Error: Invalid version flag: if

For mock this can be workarounded by --bootstrapchroot (as long as noone use
this for any package in minimal buildroot).

I am think how to make the life of developers easier and turn this ugly message
to something more friendly - Is there
some way to query package what minimal version of RPM it need. Something like:

   # rpm -qp --whatversion foo.rpm
   4.13.1

With the meaning that I need this version of rpm or higher.

Miroslav