Apologies if duplicated ...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeff Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: January 18, 2008 3:31:17 PM EST
Subject: Adding rpmbuild -lsb to produce LSB standard packages

I've added a few disablers and a --lsb popt alias in order
to identify what needs documenting in RPMv4 format.

The alias is perhaps easier than the innards:
    rpmbuild alias --lsb --noautoreq --noautoprov --target=i486 --define '_use_internal_dependency_generator 0' --notinlsb

I've built the bison package from the spec that Alexander used,
after installing the rpm's from the "beta" lsb yum repository dated 1/7/2008.

The building was done (essentially) by typing
    rpmbuild --lsb bison.spec
with the alias above which disables "newer stuff".

I have disabled newer tags (prior to documenting as in RPMv4).

I've attached the resultant spewage from lsbpkgchk.

For starters, the tag numbers compiled into lsbpkgchk appear incorrect for:

    RPMTAG_FILEMODES
    RPMTAG_FILEDEVICES
    RPMTAG_FILERDEVS

The SIGTAG_MD5 "calculated value" appears to be calculated incorrectly.

The lead values for arch/os have not been used for 9+ years. You may
check the lead values until the cows come home, the values have not been
used since RPMv2 packaging.

I have no idea what this check is trying to accomplish:
    checkRpmArchiveFilename: file usr/share/doc/bison-2.3/THANKS not FHS compliant

Enjoy!

73 de Jeff