On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 05:30:47AM +0100, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:
> Here's a backported patch from rpm 4.5 adapted to rpm 4.4.2.2 that adds
> support for lzma as payload.
> http://people.mandriva.com/~pkarlsen/rpm-4.4.2.2-lzma-support.patch
>
> This will make rpm able to read packages with lzma payload just as any other
> payload, but due to lack of proper library/new lzma utils, lzma tool is
> required in addition if to be used for creation of packages with lzma
> payload.
>
> Please add as we're in the consideration of making the switch in Mandriva
> Linux, but worry about packages becoming incompatible with other rpm
> versions..

Well, my hope is that Mark Adler adds lzma to his libz library (as
he said he'd do), so we'll get lzma for free. But I don't see
any progress on the libz mailing list.
It really is a shame that there's no nice lzma library...

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]