On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 17:09 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Hallo.
>

> %build
>
> Packagers are encouraged to call autoreconf whenever possible. It
> guarantees correct build of packages on platforms, that was not
> supported by autotools in the time of the source release.
>
> autoreconf -f -i

I vehmently disagree, because this contradicts the autotools' working
principles: The autotools are not supposed to be run during building a
package. The files they generate are supposed to be shipped as part of
the tarball.

In practice, your recommendation is causing massive problems and is
harmful on many occasions, esp. with improperly implemented
auto*sources.

Ralf