On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Panu Matilainen <pmati...@laiskiainen.org> wrote:

Rpm 4.6 - 4.11.0 are buggy on non-trivial nsswitch setups due to my less-than-brilliant idea (wish I knew what I was thinking at the time...) See http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=abbf4897db217b4977b4c21eb09929c797ee015d.
So now we consistently use the nss configuration from the "host" side? If so I think that makes sense. What I ended up doing is just installing nss-altfiles on the host side - it's harmless there if /usr/lib/passwd doesn't exist.

I think this OK, but long term, I'd like to move towards something more declarative, like:

AddSystemUser: polkit

That could then be processed by the host system however it wants, rather than relying on running /usr/sbin/useradd inside the chroot which then the host system
picks up.