On 06/29/2014 01:51 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 04:41 PM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
>> - Support for files over 4GB in packages
>
> Is the new payload format documented somewhere?  It seems to use the FX
> index in a pseudo-cpio header instead of duplicating the data from the
> header, but it would be nice to to see this spelled out explicitly.

Not yet. It should probably be added to the rpm.org page describing the
file format. Be aware that we have not yet decided on making the new
format part of the API. Note also that we added an API for accessing the
payload data. Have a look at the rpm2archive(.c) utility to get an idea
how it works.

Florian

--

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael