On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 12:33 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> >> Ah, I did run the test-suite but not from the created tarball. One more
> >> thing to remember when cutting releases. Or rather *cough* to document
> >> *cough*.

In theory make distcheck should take care of that (I haven't actually
tried if rpm is make distcheck clean though).

> >> Applied (with a slightly expanded comments).
> >
> > If you could cherry-pick in rpm-4.13.x branch too, that would be nice :-)
>
> I will, eventually. Lets see what other things turn up first.

Sorry for missing adding the new files to Makefile.am when adding those
new tests.

> >> ...but this I had just missed. It appears to be cured by commit
> >> cherry-picking commit 3929ce4d58ab18c810b9a776f5c49d56cb436026.
> >
> > This commit doen't exist in git
> > The attached patch fixes it anyway
>
> Sorry, should've been 41c4dcf507e2208585d6dc0952f59686a3a69d69, which
> commit 4ec7c396fb9464a3fcff006408871f8175ab169b apparently depends on.

Yes, that commit is necessary to make sure that tests don't need to run
under fakechroot to pass. I had much trouble with fakechroot and so
wanted to avoid adding more tests that depended on it. It also helps if
you want to install rpm under some other path than /usr/lib/rpm.

Cheers,

mark