Dear rpm maintainers,
(please see also the NOTE at the end)

the manpage-l10n project maintains a large number of translations of
man pages both from a large variety of sources (including rpm) as
well for a large variety of target languages.

During their work translators notice different possible issues in the
original (english) man pages. Sometiems this is a straightforward
typo, sometimes a hard to read sentence, sometimes this is a
convention not held up and sometimes we simply do not understand the
original.

We use several distributions as sources and update regularly (at
least every 2 month). This means we are fairly recent (some
distributions like archlinux also update frequently) but might miss
the latest upstream version once a while, so the error might be
already fixed. We apologize and ask you to close the issue immediately
if this should be the case, but given the huge volume of projects and
the very limited number of volunteers we are not able to double check
each and every issue.

Secondly we translators see the manpages in the neutral po format,
i.e. converted and harmonized, but not the original source (be it man,
groff, xml or other). So we cannot provide a true patch (where
possible), but only an approximation which you need to convert into
your source format.

Finally the issues I'm reporting have accumulated over time and are
not always discovered by me, so sometimes my description of the
problem my be a bit limited - do not hesitate to ask so we can clarify
them.

I'm now reporting the errors for your project. If future reports should
use another channel, please let me know.

Man page: rpm2archive.8
Issue: archive archive? By default rpm contains a cpio archive. Maybe
       archive archive → cpio archive

"rpm2archive - Extract archive archive from RPM Package Manager (RPM) package."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: B<> → I<>

"One of the following basic modes must be selected: B<Build Package>, B<Build "
"Package from Tarball>, B<Recompile Package>, B<Show Configuration>."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing full stop

"Use the database in I<DIRECTORY> rather than the default path I</var/lib/rpm>"
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for chroot(2)

"Use the file system tree rooted at I<DIRECTORY> for all operations.  Note "
"that this means the database within I<DIRECTORY> will be used for dependency "
"checks and any scriptlet(s) (e.g.  B<%post> if installing, or B<%prep> if "
"building, a package)  will be run after a chroot(2) to I<DIRECTORY>."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for rpm

"The general form of an rpm build command is"

"There are two other ways to invoke building with rpm:"
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for %prep etc.

"Build binary and source packages (after doing the %prep, %build, and "
"%install stages)."

"Build a binary package (after doing the %prep, %build, and %install stages)."

"Executes the \"%prep\" stage from the spec file. Normally this involves "
"unpacking the sources and applying any patches."

"Do not execute %prep build stage even if present in spec."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for stage names and "make" commands

"Do the \"%build\" stage from the spec file (after doing the %prep stage).  "
"This generally involves the equivalent of a \"make\"."

"Do the \"%install\" stage from the spec file (after doing the %prep and "
"%build stages).  This generally involves the equivalent of a \"make install"
"\"."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for %files

"Do a \"list check\".  The \"%files\" section from the spec file is macro "
"expanded, and checks are made to verify that each file exists."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: .. → .

"Do not generate debuginfo packages.."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: eg. → e.g.

"Remove the spec file after the build (may also be used standalone, eg. "
"\"B<rpmbuild> B<--rmspec foo.spec>\")."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for _builddir, -n, untar, %setup, buildSubdir

"Build from locally checked out sources. Sets _builddir to current working "
"directory. Skips handling of -n and untar in the %setup and the deletion of "
"the buildSubdir."
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: It is uncommon to have explicit line break in SEE ALSO entries

"B<gendiff>(1),\n"
"B<popt>(3),\n"
"B<rpm>(8),\n"
"B<rpm2cpio>(8),\n"
"B<rpmkeys>(8)\n"
"B<rpmspec>(8),\n"
"B<rpmsign>(8),\n"
--
Man page: rpmbuild.8
Issue: Missing markup for %autosetup

"Select the I<SCM> to use with %autosetup, if one is not set in the spec "
"file.  Note that not all values for I<SCM>, e.g., B<patch> (the default) and "
"and options stated in the %autosetup line, especially option B<-p>I<N>."
--
Man page: rpmdb.8
Issue: It is uncommon to have explicit line break in SEE ALSO entries

"B<popt>(3),\n"
"B<rpm>(8),\n"
"B<rpmkeys>(8),\n"
"B<rpmsign>(8),\n"
"B<rpm2cpio>(8),\n"
"B<rpmbuild>(8),\n"
"B<rpmspec>(8),\n"
--
Man page: rpmdiff.1
Issue: The difference between checksum and digest is unclear

" S (size)\n"
" M (mode)\n"
" 5 (checksum)\n"
" D (device)\n"
" N (inode)\n"
" L (number of links)\n"
" V (vflags)\n"
" U (user)\n"
" G (group)\n"
" F (digest)\n"
" T (time)\n"
--
Man page: rpmdiff.1
Issue: The special characters in the name need to be properly masked

"This manual page was written by Arturo Borrero González E<lt>arturo@debian."
"orgE<gt>, and is free/libre documentation (GPL-2+)."
--
Man page: rpmgraph.8
Issue: Missing markup for rpm

"B<rpmgraph> uses I<PACKAGE_FILE> arguments to generate a package dependency "
"graph. Each I<PACKAGE_FILE> argument is read and added to an rpm transaction "
"set. The elements of the transaction set are partially ordered using a "
"topological sort. The partially ordered elements are then printed to "
"standard output."
--
Man page: rpmkeys.8
Issue: Missing markup for rpm

"B<rpmkeys --help> - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases "
"it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches "
"what's available."
--
Man page: rpmlint.1
Issue: Missing markup for function names

"Base directory for extracted temporary files, default is what Python's "
"tempfile.gettempdir() returns."
--
Man page: rpmlint.1
Issue: Missing markup for file and variable names

"Load user configuration from the specified file, default is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/"
"rpmlint (~/.config/rpmlint if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is empty or not set)."
--
Man page: rpm-misc.8
Issue: Wrong fullstop after "I<EXPR>"

"Definiert das I<MAKRO> mit dem Wert I<AUSDRUCK> vor dem Laden der "
"Makrodateien."
--
Man page: rpm-plugin-systemd-inhibit.8
Issue: superfluous "though"

"For the plugin to work systemd has to be used as init system and though the "
"DBUS system bus must be available. If the plugin cannot access the interface "
"it gives a warning but does not stop the transaction."
--
Man page: rpmspec.8
Issue: Missing markup for file names

" B<--rpms>\n"
"Operate on the all binary package headers generated from spec.\n"
" B<--builtrpms>\n"
"Operate only on the binary package headers of packages which would be built
from spec. That means ignoring package headers of packages that won't be built
from spec i. e. ignoring package headers of packages without file section.\n"
" B<--srpm>\n"
"Operate on the source package header(s) generated from spec.\n"
--
Man page: rpmspec.8
Issue: Missing markup for "summary"

Get summary infos for single binary packages generated from the rpm spec
file:\n"

Greetings

             Helge

NOTE: It would be kind if reporting bugs would not require
      subscription to yet another e-mail list (and I will probably
      unsubscribe shortly again). Also subscription is on a http page
      only (https is broken), thus rendering the password visible
      (which seems strange for projects like rpm).
      Also sending passwords in plain text is not a good idea in 2020.

--
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     deb...@helgefjell.de