Hi!

Is there a way to archive database compatibility with older versions (rpm4
/ rpm3)?  We need to support many different Linux and SunOS versions and
would like to use the same packaging software for all systems.
Unfortunately we have used the rpm proliferated by the distro for our own
software, so the system-packages and our own packages are within the same
database.  If we use the new and shiny rpm5 for updates of our software,
hell breaks loose for system updates (unless database compatibility es
archived).

Martin Nicolay.

No MS-Word attachments (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html)

OSM GmbH                               Mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Softwareentwicklung -                Telefon +49-201/8955-5
Ruhrallee 191                          Fax     +49-201/8955-400
D-45136 Essen                          Web     http://www.osm-gmbh.de

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 11281
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Kuhn, Christian Damsky, Axel Roland