On May 8, 2010, at 9:05 PM, юрка олейников wrote:

> i've tried to da as you told, but have some problem.
> i've added all RPMs from CentOS installation dvd DVD to transaction set (with
> 'i' parameter) and ts.check() succeeds.
> however the same operation on RHEL RPMs fails on ts.check() and a get a huge
> list of rpm deps...

Please supply rpm version involved. I can't track with identifiers like
"CentOS" and "RHEL" and DVD.

Be careful with 'i' vs 'u' passed whaten adding elements.

I'd suggest ignoring 'i' and always doing 'u' because rpmlib behavior
is quite different between the two.

Note also that
        'i' ==  -i,--install
        'u' ==  -U,--upgrade
on the rpm CLI, which may help you narrow down to a specific reproducer,
with deterministic behavior. The rpm-python bindings are quite ancient,
with subtly different behaviors amongst different versions.

There's fewer changes on the rpm CLI.

There's also means to more specific debugging (that I can translate)
if you do rpm.setVerbosity() (I think that's the method, I don't use rpm-python
daily) twice.

Call rpm.setVerbosity() twice  turns on the equivalent of -vv on the rpm CLI.

RPM is quite heavily insturmented, will supply details on almost every
operation performed,
but one does need to turn on the diagnostics somehow.

hth

73 de Jeff