Thanks for explaining that!
But now, all the RPM packages that I have this issue with are installing correctly with RPM-4.x as that the directory structure are listed when using -qlp, but with RPM-5.3.11, the package manager complain about the directories until I use the --nodeps to workaround it, hence it installs correctly and it does create the needed directories.