On 1/12/16 2:06 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: Re: RPM sqlite3 support, Jeffrey Johnson said (at 12:46pm on...:
>
>> The sqlite3 code (and support) in rpm5 was abandoned in favor of
>> Berkeley DB ACID transactional support quite some years ago
>
> I've been meaning to ask about this for a while, and this provides a
> good segue...
>
> With Oracle's license change on BDB 6.x (or 12.x, or whatever they're
> calling it) to AGPL, does that impact rpm5's long-term use of BDB?

I know we and many of our commercial customers has rejected BDB 6.x because of
the change, so we've been forced to 'support' BDB 5.x.

Personally I would like to get rid of anything that has to do with BerkeleyDB,
just to get rid of this or future license questions from customers.  (But
unfortunately I don't know what can reasonably replace BDB.)

--Mark

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org