On 15.10.2008 11:43, Peter Robinson wrote:
Find below a cut'n'pasted and slightly enhanced version of a post from my
blog FYI:

As you'll likely have heard by now: RPM Fusion ( http://rpmfusion.org ), the
merger of Dribble, Freshrpms and Livna gets closer to its official
release/start. Most of the packages from Livna have been imported and build
for RPM Fusion already, hence we now begin to slowly move users from Livna
over to RPM Fusion by activating the RPM Fusion free and nonfree rawhide
repos for users of livna's devel branch *now*.
[...]
Is there any chance of getting all the kmod packages rebuilt against
the the current 2.6.27-3 release? The rest of the packages I've tested
look great, its just some of the kmod ones I can't.

I build the kmods for the kernel that were shipped with the beta. If you follow rawhide then you might want to install the akmod-packages (e.g. akmod-nvidia); then the akmods scripts will automatically build new kmod packages when you install a new kernel-install (or during boot); that's similar to how dkms does it.

The plan is to rebuild all kmods in RPM Fusion for the latest rawhide kernel automatically once a week (likely on each Sunday) to make sure they still compile (and for users with slow netbooks, where you don't want to compile modules); but I haven't got around to set that up yet, sorry.

CU
knurd