Chris Nolan wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking to become involved as a package maintainer at rpmfusion/livna. I haven't previously submitted packages to Fedora so I'll be looking for a sponsor - I know you guys are busy with the migration to rpmfusion but I'm hopeful someone can spend some time with a new contributor. Initially I'd like to submit a new package: the new Broadcom drivers kernel module that does away with requiring ndiswrapper for those chipsets unsupported by b43. I have used this driver on F9 and it works beautifully so IMO it would be a great addition to rpmfusion/livna.

Hi,

First of all welcome to the rpmfusion community / project!

Please let me know what should be my next steps (I've got a rpmfusion bugzilla account) and I'd be really grateful if a sponsor was willing to spend a little time with me on the finer points of RPM building. I'll try to make myself available on this list and in the IRC rooms (cnolan).

One of the things you also want to do is create an account in the account
system:
https://fas.rpmfusion.org/accounts

As for looking for a sponsor, as your main interest at the moment seems to be getting the bcm module packaged (which I think is great, many people will like that), I think it would be best if Thorsten works with you to get that kmod package in to shape, as he knows most about kmods.

Regards,

Hans