Andrea Musuruane wrote:
invite 3rd party maintainers again and ask them to join. If they don't
want to join, we should politely ask why. We should stress about our
strengths and the benefits of joining (only one repo, very visible,
peer review to improve quality, build system, cvs, etc).

- Are we better at backups ? How are we protected from various potential hardware failures / issues ?

- Can we present estimates on user base ? for each repo ? [and if this is bigger than I imagined - would making such info available potentially bring the big fish circling - trying to get packages removed and so forth ?].

- Having lots of regularly updated mirrors is a positive to mention; leads to faster user installs and updates, and (if mirrormanager is giving out a prioritized list) better resiliency. They would be welcome to become an extra mirror, so that their exsting resources (web host, bandwidth) can still be used if they wish.

- Having external packagers being able to easily manage the actual package push requst (bohdi), and to easily link amongst cvs, koji, bohdi and package db - just like fedora - would probably help them to feel that they are still reasonably in control. Although, this gets back to limited persons with the sign/push capability.

DaveT.