> Hello,
> After on IRC another fellow, had problems on install nVidia drives on
> first installation and reboot, I also had a similar problem that make
> me think. And I think I found the issue, instead try blacklist nouveau
> on boot we should run:
>
>     dracut -f /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)

This has been a myth for some time already. I never saw any
argumentation that it was needed at all.

That been said, a recent issue was submitted and it was found that the
kmod was actually built on boot instead of post installation.
In this case, the module loading isn't triggered and you will have to
reboot again to load the nvidia.ko for the last kernel.

So you could have run anything in-between or even sing a song and
claim that the song has fixed this issue.
In others word the relation to that dracut command and the real
problem behind is still unproven.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)