Le ven. 13 sept. 2019 à 00:08, Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, 2019-09-11 at 12:42 -0400, FeRD wrote:
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:40 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:
>
> FeRD wrote:
> > On cursory inspection of the API docs I also don't see any obvious reason
> > why it would need mjpegtools, but I admit I didn't look very hard.
>
> It is the other way round: mjpegtools needs SDL_gfx, not the opposite.
>

> Oh! Gotcha. My mistake.
>
> Actually, looking at the packages, it appears that only mjpegtools-gui
> requires SDL_gfx.
>
> So the question becomes, do WE need mjpegtools-gui?
>
> mjpegtools itself is still required by a shocking number of other packages,
> all things considered. But its GUI components are, quite frankly, crap. What
> use are poor clones of ffplay that each only support one specific (and
> outdated) video format?
>
> I don't think it would be any great loss to just drop mjpegtools-gui, and I
> bet nobody would miss it. (Though I suppose only dropping the -gui subpackage
> wouldn't really gain us much, either.)
>

> Thank you for reply , so you support , that mjpegtools could be "unused code"
> ? btw as I just read in this page [1].
> I think we should remove it from RPMFusion , instead propagate it into epel 8
> , If I am allowed I will remove it from rawhide and even more, I remove it
> from all Fedora active branches , like I said to see if someone find out the
> loss .
That looks scarry, we don't remove package from releases branch ever,
specially when still used.

I think we have determined that mjpegtools is used by severals others
projects still. MPEG-2 codec/containers are still used by default on
several industrial standard such as DVB, DVD if not for streaming.
# dnf repoquery --whatrequires mjpegtools
bombono-dvd-0:1.2.4-12.fc29.x86_64
dvdstyler-2:3.1.2-1.fc29.x86_64
mjpegtools-gui-0:2.1.0-13.fc29.x86_64
mytharchive-0:30.0-7.20190601git6bd8cd4993.fc29.x86_64
vdr-burn-0:0.3.0-14.fc29.x86_64
vdr-mp3-0:0.10.2-22.fc29.x86_64
vdrsync-0:0.1.3-25.PRE1.050322.fc29.noarch

Libraries are used by
# dnf repoquery --whatrequires libmjpegutils-2.1.so.0\*
gstreamer-plugins-bad-0:0.10.23-11.fc29.x86_64
gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld-0:1.14.4-1.fc29.x86_64
lives-0:2.10.2-1.fc29.x86_64

So I really see no reason to drop it.
With that said, having the plugin in an extras sub-package in
gstreamer1-plugins-bad-freeworld can be done.

 Please concentrate on enabling things rather than removing.
Thx in advance.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)