On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 13:40 +0100, Kevin Kofler via rpmfusion-
developers wrote:
> Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Maybe we should change the guidelines. This is common sense . Why
> you
> > want receive a patch with 28k , you going to read it ?  or just to
> > fulfill the guideline .
>
> Then maybe the RPM Fusion git hook should do what other projects' git
> hooks
> do and just truncate the long changeset, and put a link to the full
> changeset in the web interface at a prominent place in the mail.
>
> Dealing with large text files is something git is perfectly designed
> and
> able to do, so we should not work around bugs and limitations in
> other
> infrastructure by not using git as designed.

My point of view is about readable emails and readable cgit web pages,
when we do a commit is sent an email to devel mailing list and very
large diff files shouldn't be send to email.

[1] which is not the case , 32k of patch file  is a layer itself .

[1]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_applying_patches

Storing the files in this way allows people to use standard tools to
visualize the changes between revisions of the files and track
additions
 and removals without a layer of indirection (as putting them into
lookaside would do).

--
Sérgio M. B.