On 6/25/22 22:04, Tobias Girstmair wrote:
On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 09:52:27PM +0200, Robert-André Mauchin wrote:
- python-pyspotify broken:

AttributeError: module 'inspect' has no attribute 'getargspec'. Did you mean:
'getargs'?

getargspec has been deprecated in Python 3.5 and removed in Python 3.11:

Removed from the inspect module:

   the getargspec function, deprecated since Python 3.0; use inspect.signature() or inspect.getfullargspec() instead.

- mopidy-spotify depends on python-pyspotify

Also: https://github.com/jodal/pyspotify/issues/213

Maybe they need to be retired then?

I tried sending a message to this list about that, but apparently it didn't
arrive. (Sorry if this caused you extra work)

Yes, python-pyspotify (and libspotify) are obsolete and need to be retired. I
couldn't find documentation on that process, so I'd appreciate it if someone
could help me out.

mopidy-spotify is in the process of being ported to use a rust-based backend
(librespot). But i lack the rust skills and, frankly, the time to package all
the required dependencies. So I'll have to orphan mopidy-spotify, sadly too.

     tobi

Thanks for the message.
I could help with Rust but I don't know if the rust backend has been finished
yet.

Best regards,

Robert-André