On 20 June 2017 at 11:41, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

>> Beg to differ (not what I saw? / I misunderstood your comment?)
>> The file is
>> 75096990 Jun 20 11:02 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.66.run
>>
>> from http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/118290
>>
>> (hence my question re 'magic' as you describe it (and I'd agree)
>> the integration of of nvidia driver and dnf package from rpmfusion
>> )
>>
>> Does rpmfusion wrap this  driver and update/download it.. or should I
>> install it
>> from the .run file above, then let akmod associate it with my kernel?
>> I think that is what I understand from
>> https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/NVIDIA#Installing_the_drivers
>

> how do you come to that conclusion?
> don't touch anything else the dnf

The xxx.run file is a shell script which reads...

if [ "$1" = "-help" -o "$1" = "--help" -o "$1" = "-h" ]; then
    echo ""
    echo "$0 [options]"
    echo ""
    echo "This program will install the NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for"
    echo "Linux-x86_64 375.66 by unpacking the embedded tarball and executing"
    echo "the ./nvidia-installer  installation utility."

which is not something I could install using dnf?

(or are we  talking at cross purposes?)

I was trying to understand how the drivver from Nvidia got into my system,
whether by my download or via the rpmfusion dnf install?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.