| From: Dave Pawson <dave.paw...@gmail.com>

| On 21 February 2018 at 21:57, D. Hugh Redelmeier <h...@mimosa.com> wrote:

| > Lots of folks prefer Forum-style interaction rather than email lists.
| > Hyperkitty, if it worked, could make a mailing list act like a forum
| > for those who want that.

| And for those who prefer email lists Hugh?
|   Should we back off an align with your preferences?
|
| I don't think you have made a case.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear.  I hope an upgrade to Hyperkitty would let
those who prefer mailing lists continue to use the mailing list, and those
who prefer a forum to use the forum-like interface to the very same list.
The messages would NOT be partitioned into forum messages and mailing list
messages.

I've seen communities split by this kind of thing.  Avoiding a split
is a Good Thing.

The current Hyperkitty is very frustrating because the most important
part of the list is absent: replies.  This limitation isn't made plain
to the reader.  Nor is a way of getting around it (except downloading
and parsing an archive).

PS: I know that I'm a newbie here.  Noisy newbies can be annoying
until they are acculturated.  On the other hand newbies have fresh
eyes.