On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 4:50 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier <h...@mimosa.com> wrote:

> My guess is that this is a simple oversight in packaging.  If so, it is an
> RPMFusion problem, not a Fedora problem.

Random thought experiment:

I have not researched if it is possible, and I had
a vague recollection the code was in there, but
if it is possible to detect that the package rebuild
is being performed under the system-upgrade
environment (where a lot of things are changing)
that the kmod rebuild should be deferred until
after the reboot.  Which may make it an akmods
(Fedora) opportunity for improvement (I am not
sure if adding a Conflict with system-update.target
to the akmods-shutdown service, or just adding
the test for systemd-update.target would work).

First a good reliable reproducer would be nice.