Marshall,

> I don't get this. Are you talking about 2009 ? Or, did you mean to
> say the IESG telechat in _August_, with a WG chartered no sooner than
> _September_ ?

        Sorry, the latter. It really was a back of the envelope
        guess to respond to Robin, and I missed by 1 IETF. Given
        that, I would think the lower bound timeline would be
        something like: 

        (i).    Do a BOF in Dublin 

        (ii).   The IESG could discuss WG formation at their next
                telechat (after the Dublin IETF). 

                The earliest reasonable time for next IESG
                telechat  *could be* sometime August. I'm
                guessing now, of course; the next telechat could
                also easily be pushed into September (or later),
                as you point out. The IESG could also decide not
                to take up the issue, so its all really just a
                guess. 

        (iii).  So add a few more months for charter bashing, and
                you get something like "late 2008". 
        
        The point was that it looks like the soonest one could
        reasonablly expect to get a WG chartered, starting today,
        would be "late 2008". 

        Dave

        

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply via email to