|I understand you're trying to nail down criteria, but I think it's |premature to put numbers on this.
That's fine. I'd be happy with a qualitative answer or even some more discussion leading up to a qualitative answer. |To start with, are you |still using a |general definition of "mapping", or is the question specific to |intermediary-based map-n-encap? For now, I'm remaining general, but if it's helpful, we can break it down by case analysis. |Second, are you assuming a single |database that needs to be updated, or allowing for multiple DBs or |distributed DB? Are you taking into account that in pull models |"outdated" mapping entries might still be valid? I think it's safe to assume that it's distributed. ;-) HOSTS.TXT didn't scale that well. Yes, of course, pull models have issues. Should be fodder for discussion... Tony -- to unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body. archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg
