On 8/17/07, Cody P. Skidmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings everyone.  I'm learning RSpec and am pretty fresh to Ruby/Rails,
> but am so excited I can't help jumping in.  I'm running before I can walk
> here.  :-)
>
> Yesterday I tried outputting test results to HTML instead of colorized
> plain text.  It looked like there were some entries in the change log for
> the 1.0.5 release allowing RSpec to do what I wanted.
>
> I tried adding a setting to spec.opts but it didn't work to say the least.
>  Here's the change log entry:
>
> * The --out option is gone. Use --format html:path/to/my.html instead (or
> similar).
>
> 1.  Does this do what I think it should?

In spec.opts, each line represents one command line arg, so you'd have
to do this (on two separate lines):

--format
html:/path/to/my.html

Then on the command line:

spec spec -O path/to/spec.opts

> 2.  where can I find documentation on using spec.opts?  The command line
> help doesn't mention a "--format" option.

Look at http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/tools/spec.html. If
you scroll down you'll see the output from the spec command. It
definitely mentions the --format option.