On 9/12/07, Evan David Light <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2007, at 7:35 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
> >> Story Runner is a new one for me.  I'll have to look it up.  Thanks!
> >>
> >> (Halfway through writing this, I realized, courtesy of Google,
> >> that it's a
> >> recently integrated piece of functionality into RSpec-on-Rails.  I
> >> found
> >> this example of yours captured here. )
> >
> > Not specific to Rails at all. Just happens to support Rails.
> >

> Gotcha. Tomorrow I'll be checking out from trunk.  Although it
> behooves me to ask if the RSpec (and integration tests/story runner)
> in trunk all pass.

Pass?

Pass?

Puh-lease!!!!!!

We don't commit to trunk w/ out 100% coverage in core (not there yet
for the rails plugin) and all rails plugin specs passing against
1.2.1, .1.2.2 and .1.2.3. We also run them against edge rails, but we
just use that to keep issues on the radar - passing against edge is
not a pre-condition for committing.

> >> Seems like sound common sense.  I caught myself earlier today
> >> writing a spec
> >> for a non-functional portion of my view, chided myself for it,
> >> ripped out
> >> the spec, and then continued.
> >
> > Careful here. Business value is not always measured in terms of things
> > "functional". Sometimes it's the company logo showing up in the right
> > place on the page after spending thousands of marketing dollars
> > figuring out where that spot is.
> >

> Granted.  Anything that is a customer requirement should be captured
> at some level.  That said, the Rails app that I'm writing at the
> moment is a tool to support an R&D effort so none of that sort of
> thing there.
>
> >> Good to realize that I'm not thinking that far off the mainstream
> >> here.
> >
> > Eeeek. You're not thinking far off from ME. That in no way makes it
> > main stream.
> >

> Hehe.  Ok, I'm thinking like a guy who has prolific dialogues about
> how to build better software.  I could do worse. ;-)

Well - my earlier post was more like a monologue than dialog, but thanks!

Cheers,
David