On Mar 11, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Daniel Kehoe wrote:

> I'm learning to use rspec and I want to see some good examples.
>
> Any recommendations of open source projects that demonstrate the use
> of rspec?
>
> So far I've found:
>
>   1) the Caboose sample app (http://sample.caboo.se/)
>
>   2) the Altered Beast forums app (http://beast.caboo.se/forums/1/topics/4650
> )
>
> Any others come to mind?
>
> I'm especially interested in seeing examples that spec RESTful
> authentication.

Daniel,

I was in your place asking this question about a month ago. Here are
the pointers that were helpful to me.

[1]
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/ruby/2007/08/09/behavior-driven-development-using-ruby-part-1.html

[2] http://svn.nightlite.org/applications/cody/trunk/

After examining the links above, I rewrote a small project that I
already had working only this time I used BDD for the process. I ended
up writing about 50% more code and created about 100% more methods,
but the resulting program was much easier to understand and very easy
to extend. I also had 100% code coverage which was a first for me.

I don't know if the code I wrote would be useful to you but I would be
happy to send you a tarball (under 50k) containing this project.

Good luck.

cr