On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:49 PM, John Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Chelimsky wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM, John Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry that was a typo
>>>
>>> Its actually stub! in my code
>>
>> The original example doesn't seem to do anything:
>>
>> it "should find products given a category" do
>>   product = mock_model(Product, :id => 1, :category_id => 1)
>>
>> Product.stub(!find_all_by_category_id).with(anything()).and_return([product])
>>
>> Product.should_receive(:find_all_meeting_some_criteria_for_category).with(product.category_id)
>> end
>>
>> It just sets up some objects but never actually calls an action. What
>> is the error message you're getting?
>
> Sorry again I forgot to add the last statement.

Can't really help you if you're submitting code that is different from
the code that is causing you trouble. Please be more careful about
this.

> Here is how the code
> should have looked like
>  it "should find products given a category" do
>   product = mock_model(Product, :id => 1, :category_id => 1)
>
> Product.stub!(:find_all_by_category_id).with(anything()).and_return([product])
>
> Product.should_receive(:find_all_meeting_some_criteria_for_category).with(product.category_id)
>   Product.find_all_meeting_some_criteria_for_category(product.category_id)
>  end

OK - so here, the 2nd to last line sets an expectation that Product
should receive : find_all_meeting_some_criteria_for_category with
product.category_id, and then the last line makes that exact call.
This means that none of your actual code is being executed here. Is
that really what you have?