On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Craig Jolicoeur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>First off - should_receive *is* a test - why would you write a test in
> the setup?
>
> Not sure what you mean by that.  I'm not writing a test in the setup
> routine.

should_receive is an expectation which could pass or fail. I think
that's what Scott meant by writing a test in setup (before(:each)).
It's something you generally want to avoid because it makes it more
difficult to understand failures if they're not right in the actual
code examples.

> Also, I'm not setting an expectation on a method call.  should
> render_file is in the right place.

You're not *now*, but you could.