On Sep 9, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Tim Glen wrote:

Did you see that my code uses extend?

Yes - tried both in my flailing about :)

If that still doesn't work, file a bug report.
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucumber/overview

It might be a FixtureReplacement bug, but I'll still look into it.

Could it be that FixtureReplacement is generating methods on the fly, so to speak?

given that it works when I just `include' it, is it still a bug?

Yeah - it's a module, but it does generate the methods only when included (see the following gist: http://gist.github.com/9801)

I believe that Module does has an hook mechanism for extending, as well (Module#extended) - so I'll look into doing that. Feel free to file a bug report on rubyforge:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=4556&atid=17542

Scott